1. Information We Collect
- Personally identifiable information. We only collect personally identifiable information provided by you when you register on the Sites and Services as a user or, in some cases, to download an application forming part of our Sites and Services, to enter a survey or contest, or to subscribe to a newsletter. The information collected may include your name, email address or other information, as applicable. We will collect personally identifiable information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Sites and Services related activities or in downloading certain apps.
- Non-personally identifiable information. We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you when you visit and interact with the Sites and Services. Non-personally identifiable information may include browser information, device information (such as hardware model and operating system), log information (such as details of how you used the Sites and Services and IP address), cookies and anonymous identifiers.
2. Web Browser Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are small files that are transferred to your computer through your web browser when you visit a site that enables the site to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can choose to set your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Sites and Services may not function properly without cookies.
The Sites and Services may also use web beacons, provided by some of our third-party advertising companies, to help manage our online advertising. Web beacons allow us to recognize a cookie when a browser visits the Sites and Services, and to learn which banner ads bring users to our Sites and Services.
3. How We Use Collected Information
We may use information collected for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience. We may use information collected to understand how you individually or collectively with other users make use of the Sites and Services so that we may improve your experience on the Sites and Services.
- To develop and measure advertising programs. We may use information collected to develop targeted marketing or advertising programs and to measure the effectiveness of such programs.
- To improve our Sites and Services. We continually strive to improve the Sites and Services offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you both individually and collectively with other users.
- To administer surveys or promotional events. This information may be used to administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events.
- To provide customer service and technical support.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide when contacting us through the Sites and Services will be used to respond to your inquiries. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you may receive emails that include company news, content updates and related product or service information.
4. Opt-out and Unsubscribe Policy
You have the option not to register any personally identifiable information with us and to opt out of subscribing to newsletters. You can also opt not to participate in certain interactive areas of the Sites and Services, which eliminates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from you.
If at any time you would like to discontinue receiving email communications from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of each email or you may contact us through the Sites and Services.
Users may also opt-out of behavioral or interest-based targeted online advertising by visiting AboutAds.info. This Opt-Out is cookie-based, so you may need to opt out again (and set a new “opt-out” cookie) if you delete your cookies, lock cookies (including third party cookies), switch internet browsers, change computers or upgrade your web browser.
5. How We Protect Your Information
We use commercially reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. While we make efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties from illegally obtaining this information.
6. Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This excludes trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Sites and Services or administering activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes;
- enforce our Sites and Services policies; or
- protect and defend ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided in aggregate to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
7. Third-Party Websites
If you use a link to leave the Sites and Services to purchase products or services, you are completing a purchase transaction according to the rules and regulations of the vendor company, not the Sites and Services.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
8. Compliance with U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The safety and privacy of children is important to us. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from users who are under the age of 13. The Sites and Services are directed at a general audience and intended to be used by adults. No part of our Sites and Services are structured to attract anyone under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personally identifiable information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Companies that collect personally identifiable information from California residents and disclose such information to third parties (including affiliated entities) for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with third parties. We have elected the second option and you may request that your personal information not be shared with third parties by contacting us as described in our opt-out and unsubscribe policy above.
Effective May 25th, 2018 GDPR tightened rules to protect personal data of EU citizens. This effects businesses worldwide,…personal data of EU citizens. We are committed to adhering to the new GDPR standards and protecting the personal data of our users. You have the option to…personal data, you can revoke your consent at anytime. If you wish to revoke consent, click here to do so.
12. Transfer, Sale or Assignment
At our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell, or assign information collected on and through the Sites and Services, including but not limited to, personally identifiable information, to one or more third parties, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of us or affiliated companies.
13. Contacting Us